Odyssey is a social content platform that discovers and shares a chorus of millennial voices, amplified organically through social media. Through its proprietary “pub-tech” technology, Odyssey is revolutionizing content creation and discovery – enabling compelling, high-quality content to be created and discovered at speed and scale.
Odyssey is on the rise because we’re flipping the editorial model on its head, and rejecting the “one size fits all” approach. Odyssey empowers communities eager to be heard and audiences eager to listen, and it's resonating.
Are you a thought leader and influencer in your community?
Apply to be a content Creator in your community:
Request Invite To Create
Overview: A Regional Manager is a sales and operations leader who oversees a set of some of our largest locations. Their job is expanding into new markets, building teams, and hitting new business targets. We’ve got an incredible product that is superior to our competitors so we want somebody who is very process focused and organized so we can capture all opportunities.Ideal qualifications:
- Selling seeing 50% year over year sales growth
- Building and leadership of teams
- Dramatically works on self improvement
- Has worked in an environment that is extremely fast growth.
- Demonstrated the ability to jump levels of ability where most peers just saw incremental growth
- Proven KPI pipeline management
- A strong culture fit and leader.
- Working with head of experience to recruit and train new teams at new locations
- Managing sales pipelines at each location
- Working with full time account executives to identify clients that we can grow to new locations and expand our services with them.
- Building and maintaining revenue projections
Chief Revenue Officer
Overview: We are looking for a dynamic leader who can expand a multi-channel sales platform that includes local, mid market, and national clients both domestically and expand internationally.Ideal qualifications:
- New Media Experience
- Multi-platform experience
- Proven leadership in process driven sales
- Somebody who has created ‘magic’ before and grown companies dramatically
- Has experience working with C-level executives of Fortune 500 bands and top level leaders of agencies
- Has build a strong sales culture
- Manage a multi-office sales team across local sales, mid market sales, and national agency and brand direct sales.
- Coordinate between all sales channels, client management, marketing/communications to create a standardized outreach to current and future clients.
- Work with board of directors and executive team to drive strategy
- Build The Odyssey into the leader in the market for community based marketing to Millennials and Gen-Z.
Overview: High energy and loves making people happy, its the cornerstone of this position. The account executive is somebody who is going to get real experience managing client relationships.Ideal qualifications:
- Strong at managing communication between multiple individuals in real time
- Experience managing a lot of moving pieces but able to understand where each piece is at.
- Experience managing process
- Experience and understanding of marketing industry
- A degree is marketing preferred
- A strong culture fit and leader
- Experience managing a sales pipeline, renewing, and upselling clients.
- Start with a book of local clients to incubate with a goal to give them phenomenal service and grow relevant partners to mid market/regional clients.
- Retain clients while growing overall size of revenue of all clients.
- Make sure we are completing all the customer happiness processes. Process is a science we can control 100% while client perception is an art. We should never miss on process because it’s the most controllable thing.
Digital Account Executive
Overview: We are looking for somebody who wants to build a real relationship with partners and agencies and help them understand and engage with our audience. This isn’t just a salesperson job, it’s a dynamic, critical thinking position to build long term solutions for ad agencies and the brands they represent.Ideal qualifications:
- Excellent at education on new products/solutions that are innovative in the market
- Ability to critically think about marketing strategy
- Experience working with strategists
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, digital media preferred
- Proven experience in interactive ad sales
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience working with online/media advertising agencies
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced rapidly changing team environment
- Highly self-motivated, results-driven, committed to preserving and growing your business
- Strong understanding of industry trends, technologies and pricing models
- Strong knowledge of ad campaign metrics and analysis
- Superior skills in all facets of the sales cycle including prospecting, negotiating and the ability to sell based on value, not price
- Exceptional professional communication skills, both oral and written
- Exceptionally high degree of ethics needed, we don’t just want to make the del, we want to offer a solution
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and other internal teams to develop new business, renewals and up-selling
- Exceed daily, monthly and quarterly activity/revenue goals
- Develop strong and mutually valuable relationships with agencies and advertisers
- Aggressively seek and identify best opportunities with existing and prospective clients
- Plan, prepare, and present at high impact client meetings
- Identify and develop a strong understanding of client's core objectives and challenges
- Understand the competitive landscape and effectively differentiate Olympia Media Group from competitors
- Develop winning strategies, presentations and proposals
- Accurately forecast revenue growth
- Manage client and pipeline through CRM software for maximum efficiency and visibility, with carefully executed follow-up to closure
VP of Marketing
Overview: We are looking for somebody that can help build The Odyssey brand into the content and marketing powerhouse of Millennials and Gen-z.Ideal qualifications:
- 5-7 years of experience in marketing/communications
- A trailblazer - somebody who bucks the status quo, shivers at the latest buzzword - and can clearly articulate it.
- Experience scaling a department within the a company
- Extensive project management experience
- Omni-channel experience
- Creative, always coming up with new ideas that position The Odyssey as a market leader.
- This is going to be a position that consolidates many responsibilities that are currently split among many other people.
- Reports directly to the CEO
- Build/manage email marketing strategy to current and prospective clients
- PR strategy and bridging PR firm and Odyssey team overall
- Branded social strategy with experience focusing on real qualified engagement
- Responsible for Odyssey tentpole events which are a hybrid of between marketing/sales/content.
Director, Business Innovations
Overview: We are looking for a leader that will help The Odyssey build deep integrations with partners to help them understand, integrate with, and measure impact of working with Millennials and Gen-Z.Ideal qualifications:
- At least 7 years of experience, including large-agency interactive and client-side experience
- Experience with cross team project management
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field; graduate degree is a plus
- Experience with and acumen for senior level client interface and relationships
- Experience working with top tier brands and agencies, ideally both on the agency and client side
- Creates and finds new opportunities within clients, and positions The Odyssey to take advantage of them.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of the Business Plan across assigned clients to facilitate organic growth
- Develop and present ideas to win/grow business within client base
- Deliver innovations to assigned clients to help grow their business and ours
- Serve as consultant to executives within clients; become an extension of their business(es) and a trusted advisor
- Demonstrate internal leadership and collaborate cross-functionally to deliver innovation to clients
- Provide excellent people leadership to direct reports
Insights Analyst / Data Scientist
Overview: Olympia Media Group is looking for an Insights Analyst to analyze first party data to help us understand engagement around proprietary quality measurement and social engagement. This is a pivotal strategy role that focuses on shaping our company vision to help produce engaging and smart content that reaches millions of people every month.Ideal qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance or relevant field
- 5+ years of analytical, strategic and/or media experience in a position such as management consulting, finance, media or political organizational strategy, or business intelligence
- Demonstrated experience interpreting results and offering concrete, actionable recommendations
- Ability to work well under pressure, complete tasks efficiently and handle tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate findings to editorial team
- Ability to handle heavy workload, mediating many demands and requests with strong problem solving drive.
- Strong knowledge of how major social media networks operate (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc)
- Offer Editorial and Distribution Insights: Look at the stories we publish, analyze their performance across distribution channels, and assess the best opportunities.
- Create our Strategy: Develop innovative and creative ways to drive our editorial strategy and help young people build a huge following on smart topics, all based on your content and distribution insights.
- Test Everything: Design and implement tests on areas of opportunity across editorial and distribution teams so that everything we do is optimized.
- Own Metrics and Reporting: Set and measure success for the entire company, and in particular, inform the editorial team of their success. Help develop and roll out audience and social reporting that can adapt to the needs of different divisions of the company
- Reports directly to the CEO and works closely with the CTO
Assistant Managing Editor
Overview: Odyssey is looking for a driven leader who will revolutionize the model of content creation and content discovery by building a community of influencers around the country that capture diverse, hyper-local perspectives. Candidates should have a passion for digital media and finding new ways to push the industry forward. Assistant Managing Editors will manage 20 communities of millennial thought leaders across the country. Candidates should have a strong strategy mindset as they will be integral to our continued growth. Odyssey is dedicated to providing the opportunity for multiple voices to create a conversation around new perspectives and topics from intimate communities to worldwide audiences. Ideal candidates will be united in this vision and focused on the mission of leading Odyssey as the future of digital media.Ideal qualifications:
- Be familiar with various social channels to distribute content to a wide variety of audiences.
- Have experience working in digital media or other relevant fields.
- Have a deep interest in hyper-local content, nationwide.
- Be comfortable experimenting with different platforms and media.
- Be enthusiastic about taking lead on special projects.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Have strong communication, organizational skills.
- Work efficiently within a team and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Set ambitious goals for themselves in terms of traffic, community growth, and personal growth.
- Manage the recruitment and expansion of teams.
- Build highly efficient, traffic-driving communities that produce content relevant to their local audience and beyond.
- Contribute to our newsroom culture
Overview: Odyssey is looking to hire freelance copy editors to line edit articles as needed prior to their publication each week. The job allows copy editors to be involved in the process of disseminating premium content to millions on a weekly basis. The content is produced by trendsetters and millennials from around the U.S. who are thought leaders in their communities. Copy editors at Odyssey are in charge of editing articles for grammar, spelling, style, punctuation and sentence structure prior to when the Managing Editors edit and publish articles. Candidates should feel comfortable using a digital publishing platform/content management system.Ideal qualifications:
- Knowledge of AP Style is a huge plus.
- Copy editing experience is a huge plus.
- English and journalism backgrounds are preferred.
- Knowledge of CMS/digital publishing platforms.
- Copy Editors should have flexible schedules between Sunday and Wednesday of every week, preferably between the hours of 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Edit articles as needed from assigned communities, checking grammar, spelling, punctuation, style and sentence structure.
- Contextual edits are not expected.
- Feedback and communication with Managing Editors are always welcome.
The president will serve as the CEO and head of their local edition of Odyssey . This role is pivotal in establishing a cohesive executive team that includes both sales and creative staff. The president needs to be capable of driving sales on campus both as a leader and contributor to achieve revenue goals. Each Local division is a six figure potential business that takes a talented individual to lead the local team and drive results. Odyssey is a young quickly growing brand; it takes driven individuals that can perform at all levels, from individual sales to overall company strategy.
This is a dynamic sales position with Odyssey on a local campus executive team. Sales executives need to have the ability to be on the executive level of a business that, at each campus, has potential of achieving $100,000. Sales executives will work as part of Odyssey executive team to build a successful overall company.
Content Creator (Writer, Photographer, Videographer)
The foundation of Odyssey: users sharing their ideas with the world.
Odyssey content Creators are a part of a platform with more than 10,000 writers at nearly 1,000 communities nationwide, and are at the forefront of changing the digital media landscape. Are stories in your community not being told? Is traditional news media coverage shying away from issues that need to be brought to light? Bring your voice to the world through Odyssey.
These Creators are writers sharing their ideas, photographers putting their work on display to the world, and videographers telling their story. Which are you?
Becoming an Odyssey Creator means you are joining a national community committed to telling stories and sharing thoughts that drive the future of digital media. Your work will be seen all over the world by people engaging with our platform.
Unlike your competitors, you will have managed your editorial team to reach a national audience. An Odyssey Editor-in-Chief is the leader of their community. As an Editor-in-Chief, you are expected to do three main things: envision, edit and encourage.
When envisioning, an Editor-in-Chief should think about what their community looks like: Who is a part of the staff? How can they make an impact? What is the motivation supporting the community? Who is the audience the community is trying to reach?
When editing, Editors-in-Chief are expected to edit their team’s content, focusing on style and syntax.
When encouraging, an Editor-in-Chief should be leading their communities to improve. As an Editor-in-Chief you will encourage content Creators to grow both within the community and on a personal basis.
Working together as a community is a substantial and rewarding incentive for Creators. Odyssey is a community for everyone involved.Ideal Qualifications:
- Highly motivated, driven and ambitious to succeed now and in the future.
- Leadership and managerial abilities.
- Strong social media influence and knowledge of the platforms (i.e. Facebook and Twitter).
- Strong communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- A strong desire to learn and grow.
- Managing and communicating with Creators, encouraging their social engagement, offering feedback on their work.
- Writing and sharing at least one article per week.
- Editing all articles weekly.
- Finding and inviting influential content Creators and thinkers to join Odyssey.
- Communicating with the Managing Editor on a weekly basis via email, video and phone.
- Monthly stipend upon the accomplishment of goals.
- Real-world experience: managing writers and other Creators; editing articles; using a CMS; using social media; and more.
- Building a portfolio of writing.
- For college students, internship credit if the duties are in compliance with the university’s or college’s standards.
A Contributing Editor works closely with the Editor-in-Chief acting as their right hand. The Contributing Editor's writing style, leadership abilities, and understanding of Odyssey's vision should set them apart from other content Creators, and thus make them a suitable next-in-line for the Editor-in-Chief role.
The Editor-in-Chief may utilize the Contributing Editor where they need assistance. Some of the main responsibilities for Contributing Editors include:
- Assisting the Editor-in-Chief with editing responsibilities
- Coaching content ideation and social media best practices
- Spearheading outreach to find other Creators in the community
- Helping manage the community in ways the Editor-in-Chief sees fit